Golden Circle, Sky Lagoon & Kerid Volcanic Crater | Small Group Day Tour
PICTURES FROM THE TOUR
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THIS TOUR
Discover the best of the world-famous Golden Circle and enjoy a unique taste of luxury at Iceland’s newest spa experience at the Sky Lagoon!
- Duration: 10 hours
- Minimum age: 12 years
- Difficulty: Easy
- Availability: All year
- Free cancellation: up to 24 hours prior to departure
- Professional tour guided in English in a minibus
- Pick up and drop off within Reykjavik
- Entry to the Kerid Volcanic Crater
- (Option A) Pure Pass – Sky Lagoon Admission, Complete seven-step Ritual, Public changing facilities, Towel Rental
- (Option B) Sky Pass – Sky Lagoon Admission, Complete seven-step Ritual, Private changing facilities with signature Sky Body Lotion, Towel Rental
- Free Wi-Fi on bus and USB chargers next to every seat
- Lunch – we make scheduled stops so that guests can buy lunch or snacks during the tour
- Bathing suit
What to expect
Let us take you on a thrilling tour of the grand Golden Circle and the spectacular Kerid crater in South Iceland. Then you’ll enjoy an unforgettable dip at the sensational Sky Lagoon, Iceland’s newest spa experience!
The Golden Circle gives you the chance to see the very best features of Iceland’s remarkable landscapes in one easy day trip.
You’ll get up close to geysers and waterfalls, walk between continents and around a colorful crater, and soothe yourself in the superb Sky Lagoon.
Thingvellir National Park
Your Golden Circle tour will start with a short drive from the city to Thingvellir National Park.
In this dramatic rift valley, the American and Eurasian tectonic plates are pulling apart from each other along the Mid-Atlantic Ridge so that you can stand on two continents simultaneously!
Thingvellir was also Iceland’s first parliament. For hundreds of years, the Vikings of Iceland came here each summer for festivals and settled their disputes. The “Law Rock” and the “drowning pool” saw rough justice delivered for thieves and murderers!
Geysir & Haukadalur Geothermal Area
As we head deeper into Iceland, the next stop is Geysir, the most impressive sight in the Haukadalur “hot spring” area. Geysir is the Icelandic for “gush” and gave its name to all spouting hot springs.
Geysir doesn’t erupt very much now. But there is another gusher called Strokkur just a few meters away, which sends boiling fountains of water high into the sky every few minutes. Watch where you stand while you wait, or you might get a soaking!
You’ll feel the power of Earth’s burning core and smell it in your nostrils too!
Gullfoss – The Golden Waterfall
Just a short distance further inland lies your next extraordinary encounter with Iceland’s natural marvels – the glorious waterfall we call Gullfoss.
The “Gold Falls” are a two-tier waterfall fueled by Langjokull, the second-largest glacier in Iceland. Millions of gallons of glacial meltwater crash down over 30 meters here into a steep-sided canyon.
On sunny days, the sheets of spray generate gigantic rainbows that wrap around the waterfall.
Kerid Volcanic Crater
After Gullfoss, your next stop will be the incredible multi-colored crater at Kerid. Only a few thousand years old, the volcanic rocks are still rich in iron deposits, turning the caldera a vivid crimson color.
There’s also an azure lake and blankets of soft green mosses too. That makes Kerid one of the brightest spots you’ll see anywhere in the country!
Sky Lagoon (admission included)
As we return to the city, there is one more extraordinary experience to come!
Icelanders love to bathe in geothermal hotpots, and now you can do the same at the Sky Lagoon!
This brand-new spa experience, located just outside Reykjavik, features an immense 250-foot-long heated infinity pool, a swim-up bar and oceanfront views.
You’ll enjoy two heavenly hours lapping up the luxury here at Sky Lagoon – the perfect way to end your Golden Circle experience! During booking process you can select one of the two types of admission: Pure and Sky
Nowhere else can you see so many natural marvels in one day. Rich in fascinating history and magnificent sights, this tour is your chance to experience Iceland at its best.
Know Before You Go
- Pickup takes place between 08:30 – 09:00 – so please be ready from 8:30 at your pick up location
- The tour reaches the Sky Lagoon just before 17:00 / 5pm and departs from there at 19:00 / 7pm, returning back to Reykjavik around 19:20 / 7:20pm.
- Tour is being operated under all weather conditions: please bring warm, wind & waterproof clothes
- Good walking shoes are recommended
- Please bring your own swimsuit