Golden Circle & Farm Visit Minibus Tour | Free Ice cream
PICTURES FROM THE TOUR
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THIS TOUR
Would you like unforgettable Expedition with awesome small group? Join us on this full day Golden Circle tour. We visit the famous Þingvellir National Park, Gullfoss Waterfall and the Geysir geothermal area, and throw in some local favorities as well.
Your adventure begins when your experienced guide picks you up in a comfortable minibus in the morning to explore the famous Golden Circle.
Geysir Geothermal Area
The Geysir geothermal area hosts hundreds of colorful hot springs and two geysers, erupting hot springs. One is called “Geysir” and name giving for all the geysers in the world. Today, however, it erupts very seldom. The other geyser is called “Strokkur” and erupts every 5 minutes up to 40 meters.
The melting water from Iceland’s second biggest glacier, Langjökull, falls into a deep canyon forming the majestic “Golden Falls”. On a sunny day, you can see the glacier Langjökull in the distance and enjoy a rainbow in the mist of the waterfall, an Instagram blockbuster waiting to happen!
Traditional Dairy Farm and Free Ice Cream
We visit Efstidalur farm owned by the same family since 1850. This Icelandic family-run business sticks to traditional Icelandic farming culture and focuses on cows and cattle breeding. You will be able to enjoy their tasty farm-to-table dairy products, see the stunning mountain view and see the friendly animals. Tröll Expeditions will invite you to taste the ice cream yourself and meanwhile watch the animals relaxing in the stable.
Thingvellir National Park
We visit the place where the two tectonic plates, the North American and the Eurasian plate, are moving away from each other. Few places in the world offer a better and clearer view of this massive geographic activity. The biggest natural lake in Iceland is also located at Thingvellir National Park and hosts a great variety of fish and bird life. Thingvellir is also an important place for Icelandic national history. At Thingvellir Icelanders founded their parliament in 930 a.d. where the chieftains had their annual meeting every summer. The name “Thingvellir” translates to “Parliament Plains”. We avoid the big-bus crowds, which makes this tour so popular.
Make sure you book soon for the best Golden Circle tour following the famous path and including our local favorites!
Don’t over think it! Book this tour by selecting a date.
About 8 hours
None. Family friendly, all welcome!
✓ Thingvellir National Park
✓ Gullfoss waterfall
✓ Geysir geothermal area
✓ Efstidalur farm, also known as the “Ice Cream farm”
✓ English speaking guide
✓ Small group
✓ Wi-Fi and Icelandic music on board
✓ Icelandic ice cream
• Warm clothes (first layer)
• Waterproof outdoor clothing (second layer)
• Hiking boots (available for rent when booking)
• Joy and happiness!
• Order or availability of attractions may change due to road or weather conditions and we may have to adjust timings to the short daylight of winter days.
• Pick up is from designated locations in Reykjavík on a drop-down menu at the time of booking. Pick up is not available from Keflavik airport or outside of the greater capital area.
• All day tours can be cancelled up to 24 hours from the departure time with the full price refunded by sending an email to email@example.com. All cancellations requested less than 24 hours from the departure time are non refundable.
• In the case of cancellation of the tour by the operator because of extreme weather, road conditions or other factors, we will assist you with rebooking to another date or booking other activities when possible, or provide a full refund.