Self drive: Drysuit Snorkeling in Silfra | Free photos
PICTURES FROM THE TOUR
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THIS TOUR
Silfra is one of the top dive sites in the world and situated in the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Thingvellir, only about 50 km from Reykjavik. Silfra is a freshwater fissure about 63 meters deep where you can about 60 meters in front of you as the water
Add some incredible adventure to your stay in Iceland with this snorkeling tour between tectonic plates. This tour is perfect for those who want an exciting and unique way to see Iceland.
Drysuit Snorkeling in Silfra
Silfra is one of the top dive sites in the world and is situated in the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Thingvellir, only about 50 km from Reykjavik. Silfra is a freshwater fissure about 60-63 meters deep, where you can almost see end to end as the water is so clear. The water is so pristine it feels like flying.
By snorkeling in dry suit you will get protection from the cold water if the fissure as the dry suit is constructed from layers of insulating fabric. However, we always recommend you rather take the wetsuit as you will have so much more fun. Adventure Vikings is the only Icelandic company that offers wetsuit snorkeling in Silfra and we can assure you that you won’t regret snorkeling in the wetsuit. Instead of just floating heavily on the surface like you do in a drysuit you will be able to dive into the fissure in the wetsuit. No diving experience or diving license is needed.
If you are a hiking lover then you will not want to miss our hiking Tours specially designed for you.
- All necessary gear for snorkeling
- English speaking guide
- FREE photos
- Hot chocolate
- Be physically fit
- 14 years – age limit
- Be at minimum 145cm (4’9) tall
- Maximum 200cm (6’7) tall
- Be at minimum 45kg (99 lbs)
- Maximum 120kg (264 lbs)
- Know how to swim and be comfortable in water
- Have read, signed, and followed directions on the Silfra Snorkeling Medical Statement
- Sign our liability release form at the start of the tour
- We do not recommend pregnant participants to snorkel in Silfra due to the cold temperature
- Not wear glasses, so if you have a prescription mask, please bring it with you. If not, we advise you to get contact lenses before you join us for snorkeling.